Updated 5/4/23 Please read this entire job description before applying.
Outside B2B Account Rep (New Media) – Oakland East Bay
Part time 15 – 25 Hours/ week Base + Commission. You provide your own transportation. All outside sales in the bay area.
Part Time $2000 – $3000+ per month (15 – 25 Hours per week)
Full Time $3000 – $5000+ per month
*Opportunity to move to full-time in 8 weeks based on sales targets and performance.
Digifli is a network of Community Bulletin Boards in Oakland and Alameda expanding at a very rapid pace. We are in over 100 locations today and are targeting another 400+ locations in 2023 expanding into San Francisco, Berkeley, Hayward, San Leandro, and beyond.
We partner with area Business Associations and Chambers to provide free digital bulletin boards for local independent businesses. We do not allow corporate chains to advertise or participate. Digifli is a community focused, environmentally minded company. We support local artists, nonprofits and independent businesses.
You should enjoy hitting the street and meeting local business owners in shopping districts like Rockridge, Temescal, Telegraph, Uptown, Piedmont Ave, Montclair, etc.
This is an outside sales position, you spend your days visiting local businesses and building relationships. We want to help independent businesses thrive and that should be your primary focus. You set your own hours and manage your own appointments.
You will be going to a lot of district mixers and chamber of commerce events to represent and demo Digifli.
Most of our kiosk partners (small businesses that have free screens in their business) love Digifli! They are very supportive and help us expand into the community.
We are a very small team doing very big things! We are not exactly a start-up as we were founded in 2017. However, we are still developing our business model as a company. We have plans to grow and expand our area and are looking for someone who can help us do that. The right person can make a huge difference and there is huge growth opportunities with Digifli (eg expansion beyond the bay area).
The ideal candidate for this position is someone with a strong affinity for the local community. You enjoy meeting with local indie businesses and helping them grow with promotion and marketing. You should have a general understanding of different forms of advertising and be able to come up with creative promotion ideas.
- An understanding of how small businesses advertise.
- Ability to learn about, understand, and explain to customers how Digifli works.
- Understand how to put together an suggest a plan to a customer.
Experience working with advertising sales, promotions, events, or a business association in some way.
- Ability to canvas shopping districts like Rockridge, Berkeley, Solana Ave, Jack London, etc.
- Attend and present at area business association mixers and meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
Depending on experience we have Commission only and base + commission positions. Base salary positions are 20 hours a week (80 hours/ month )base plus commission.
There is a ramping quota and commission rate, so the more you sell the higher your percentage. The target minimum compensation for part-time year one is 42k Annual. There is no limit or cap and hitting the bonus level would result in 58k annual compensation after one year (88k after 18 months).
Hitting sales monthly goal would result in 70k+ within 18 months.
- Work from home / out in the field.
- Set your own hours and appointments.
- Current markets are Oakland and Alameda.
- Fast growing company, 6 years old, relaunched after Covid.
- Huge opportunities for growth.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
- Please email one paragraph describing your experience as it relates to the position.
- The subject of the email should be “Outside Rep Application”
- Attach a PDF of your resume.
- If you have a linked in profile, please include the link.
If the four items above are not in the email we will very likely not consider your application. No phone calls or texts please.