Please read this entire job description before sending your resume.
Outside Ad Sales Rep (New Media) – Oakland East Bay
Part Time 20 hours/week to start: Base Salary + Commission
Digifli is a Community Bulletin Board network in Oakland and Alameda and expanding at a very rapid pace. We are in 75 locations today and are targeting another 300 locations in 2023 expanding into Berkeley and throughout the Bay Area.
We partner with local business associations to provide digital bulletin boards for local independent businesses. We do not allow corporate chains to advertise or participate. Digifli is a community focused, environmentally minded company. We support local artists, nonprofits and independent businesses.
You should enjoy hitting the street and meeting local business owners in shopping districts like Rockridge, Temescal, Telegraph, Uptown, Piedmont Ave, Montclair, etc. We have established relationships with merchant associations so it is not all cold calling, there is a growing buzz about the platform.
This is an outside sales position, you spend your days visiting local businesses and building relationships. We want to help independent businesses thrive and that should be your primary focus. You set your own hours and manage your own appointments.
We are a very small team doing very big things! We are not exactly a start-up as we were founded in 2017. However, we are still developing our business model as a company. We have plans to grow and expand our area and are looking for someone who can help us do that. The right person can make a huge difference and there is huge growth opportunities with Digifli.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone with a strong affinity for the local community. You enjoy meeting with local indie businesses and helping them grow with promotion and marketing. You should have a general understanding of different forms of advertising and be able to come up with creative promotion ideas.
Local advertising sales experience that has targeted East Bay small businesses or events.
Experience working with promotions, events, or a business district association in some way.
- Ability to canvas shopping districts like Rockridge, Berkeley, Solana Ave, Jack London, etc.
- Attend and present at area business association mixers and meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
This position starts off part time 20 hours a week with a base plus commission. There is a ramping schedule to move to a higher tier and pure commission role over 6 months. The target compensation for part-time year one is 40k. There is also an opportunity to move to full-time and earnings are 80k+
- Work from home / out in the field.
- Set your own hours and appointments.
- Current markets are Oakland and Alameda.
- Fast growing company, 6 years old, relaunched after Covid.
- Opportunities for growth.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
- Please email one paragraph describing your experience as it relates to the position.
- The subject of the email should be “Outside Sales Rep Application”
- Attach a PDF of your resume.
- If you have a linked in profile, please include the link.
If the four items above are not in the email we will very likely not consider your application. No phone calls or texts please.